Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Activism & Art Proposal (Jesse)

 Art History For Kids

    My final intervention will be a short form podcast focused on educating young children about art history. This podcast will cover art in relation to identity, self expression, activism, and politics. We will briefly cover contemporary art movements and the artist’s that contributed to them. We will then compare their protests to our own, discuss the importance of performance art, and theorize on the future of art history.

    Because this podcast is intended for a young audience and because my co-host/ partner is 7 years old I will curate the podcast so it is age appropriate. My hope is to teach and encourage my brother and those who listen to become active in the art field. If not by performing themselves, then by sharing and interacting with art any way possible. I will be introducing my co-host to mostly female artists and briefly describe the feminist movement for context. I will feature activists The Gorilla Girls and artist Yoko Ono. I believe this is an important way to highlight the correlation between both activists and artists.


The Gorilla Girls
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
 Yoko Ono

Final Intervention

No comments:

Post a Comment